New Bass Tutor - Brad Meyer
Monday, June 24, 2019 | Notices
We're please to announce our newest member to the team, Brad Meyer.
Brad teaches Electric Bass and Double Bass with a background in Jazz and Contemporary. If you are interested in Bass Guitar lessons or know someone who may be interested, please let us know and we'll get in contact with you ☺
"Have-A-Go" DJ and Instrument Lessons
Wednesday, June 5, 2019 | Notices
KidsFest is coming up in the July Term Holidays thanks to the Christchurch City Council. Amplify School of Music will be participating again to host and provide:
"Have A Go Music and DJ Lessons!"
Learn 2 or more instruments from either Drums, Guitar, Piano, Vocals, and our newly added DJ Lessons. For more details you can check out the official KidsFest website from the links below or skip straight to the enrolments page by clicking HERE.
Click here for info on Have A Go Music Lessons
Click here for info on Have A Go DJ School
Our "Have-a-Go Lessons" will run from 16th - 19th July 2019 from various times between 9am - 5pm. You can choose your times and choice of Instruments from the enrolments page. Prices are $26 for TWO half-hour Instrument Lessons, or $26 for ONE 1hr DJ Lesson. Additional lessons can be added from the enrolments page.
PYDT Music Cafe
Friday, May 31, 2019 | Notices
Come check out 5 bands performing at PYDT Music Cafe!
New Vocal Tutor! - Zara Doig
Wednesday, May 8, 2019 | Notices
We have some great news we'd like to share with everyone at Amplify School of Music.
We welcome Zara Doig to the team as our new Vocal Tutor who is currently available to teach on Monday afternoons between 3pm - 6pm. If interested or know someone who would like to get vocal / singing lessons, please let us know.
Zara has a Bachelor of Musical Arts and teaches singing. She has been involved with music projects for over 20 years with experience in Classical and Contemporary. Zara currently performs around Christchurch regularly with "Urban Rumour." She also teaches at Marian College as the choir director and vocal tutor.
Amplify Music Lessons 2019 Notices
Monday, January 28, 2019 | Notices
Welcome back to another year of music and performance. Our tutors are very excited to get back into teaching again and we hope all the students and families from Amplify had a great Summer break. Here are a few very important notices to read before lesson and routines can return to normal.
- If you haven't already heard, we have a new price list for Lesson and Rock band this year. Click HERE for 2019 pricing.
- ALL Lessons and Rock Bands require payment in advance before your lessons! This is because we need to be able to pay our tutors on time and if you didn't already know, Amplify is actually a "Not-For-Profit Organisation" under Youth Alive Trust with a very small number of staff. In order for us to keep doing what we're doing we kindly ask for families to make efforts payment on time. So this year onward we will be sending out Invoices a month in advance for upcoming lessons.
- There have been updates to our Music Lesson Policy so please have a read through to make sure you understand the requirements and commitments when participating in Amplify programmes. Click HERE to view.
- If you wish to discontinue Music Lesson and/or Rock Band, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Starting Dates for Lessons and Rehearsals
- Instrument Lesson, In-School and After School, begin next week starting Monday 4th Feb 2019 (unless otherwise said by your tutor) except for:
- Marian College Lessons start on 13th Feb
- Tutors will contact you to let you know when your lesson times and locations are. Alternatively login to your My Music Staff portal to view online. You may notice your lessons have shifted around by 5-10mins or so but for any major changes in times, a tutor or Amplify staff person will let you know directly.
- All Rock Band rehearsals will have a new starting time from 6pm onward.
- Rock Band rehearsals begin next week starting Monday 4th Feb 2019 (unless otherwise said by your tutor), except for:
- Marshland School Rock Band starts on the 11th Feb.
- Plot Twist Rock Band starts on 13th Feb.
- Spitfire, Richter Scale and JB SLAM are TBC. Possibly looking to merge remaining band members together.
- There are no Lessons or Rock Band on 6th Feb due to Waitangi Day.
We will do our best to help get things underway and if you have any questions, concerns or have not heard back from your tutor by Friday 1st Feb, please email email@example.com
Amplify School of Music