Notices for Level 3 Covid-19 Lockdown
Friday, April 24, 2020 | Notices
As we move into Level 3 for the Covid-19 lockdown we understand that lessons will have to continue from home via online learning. We also look to the horizon moving out of lockdown into level 2 which should get everyone feeling motivated and excited to get back to normal routine.
Below are some updates for what lies ahead for the next 2 weeks while under level 3 lockdown:
- Monday 27th April ANZAC DAY - NO lessons scheduled.
- From 28th April Amplify will continue to to teach ONLINE during the level 3 lockdown for the next 2 weeks or until further notice.
- Our Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern has specifically said that children are to remain at home for learning during the course of Level 3 unless their parents are required to work as an essential service; in this case some children will be sent to school.
- Amplify Tutors will NOT be teaching from School campus locations.
- If your child will be attending school during level 3, tutors may organise after-school lessons for them instead.
- Tutors will continue teaching online from home and organise lessons for students accordingly.
- If you have not heard from your tutor regarding lessons next week, you may contact them. Their contact details are found on the My Music Staff portal.
- Tutors manage their own lessons and timetables and you may negotiate some alternative lesson plans with them if needed.
- Anyone who has hired an instrument from Amplify, will NOT be charged for term 2 and you may continue to hold onto that instrument.
- If you want to Discontinue your lessons entirely and give up your lesson slot, times and locations, please email your request to Amplify@yat.org.nz - note this will mean after the lockdown is lifted, students on the waiting list will have priority and you will need to re-enrol for lessons again.
- For any general Amplify questions please refer to our FAQ Page.
Amplify School of Music