Amplify Programme Policy
Amplify is a "Not-For-Profit" Music Programme
1.) Parent / Caregiver Responsibilities
- Reading and understanding the Amplify Programme Policy.
- Payments of Lessons, Rehearsals and keeping track of their accounts.
- Providing up to date and accurate contact information and inform Amplify of any changes to details.
- Checking & using the "My Music Staff Portal" (accessible when lessons start).
- Contacting their tutor directly notifying of any and all absences e.g sickness, school camp, exams, swimming etc.
- Checking emails for notices and / or lesson notes (might show up first in junk mail).
Parents / Caregivers acknowledge that upon enrolment there are no guarantees of immediate commencement of lessons or programmes and their selected times and choices depends on tutors and groups available.
2.) Student Responsibilities - Students are responsible for:
- Practicing on a regular basis.
- Checking the "My Music Staff Student Portal" (if applicable) for lesson notes and timetables.
- Checking timetables either at school to online using the portal.
- Contacting the tutor notifying of any absences e.g sickness, school camp, exams, swimming etc.
- Bringing their sheet music / handouts / folders to each lesson.
- Checking emails for notices and / or lesson notes (might show up first in junk mail).
3.) Attendance - Amplify tutors will mark attendance of students using My Music Staff which will keep a detailed record of attendance and notes, all of which can be viewed by the parent / caregiver and student via the My Music Staff Portal. Students are expect to attend their lessons on time.
4.) Payments - Online payments are preferred and we strongly recommend an automatic payment setup to ensure lessons go undisturbed.
- All lessons are pre-paid, therefore we require payment in advance for your first few months of lessons. Afterwards, invoices will automatically be sent out each month for upcoming lessons with 30 days to make a payment. If you are in credit, it will be applied to your next upcoming lessons.
- Overdue Invoices will generated an automated reminder via email and/or txt message and may incur a "late payment fee" and risk losing your lesson bookings altogether. Please try and make full payments before the due date located at the top of your invoice.
- Please make online payments to: Youth Alive Trust 11-7892-0066444-22. Please include the Invoice Number or the student's First & Last name followed by ASM for reference.
5.) Missed Lessons - The parent / caregiver are still required to pay if a student is unable to attend a lesson, rehearsal or class. This guarantees a regular time slot which is reserved for the student each week and time set aside by the tutor for teaching & planning your child's lessons.
“Make-Credits” are issued if 24hrs notice has been given (preferably by email or portal cancellations) in exchange for a Make-Up Lesson. If a Make-Up lesson is also missed, the Make-Up Credit is also redeemed. Contact your tutor directly for any and all absences.
6.) Make-up Credits - Parents / Caregivers / Students may use Make-Up Credits to arrange Make-Up lessons with their tutor if schedule permits but are not guaranteed. Parents / Caregivers / Students can register or view available times and locations on the My Music Staff calendar that have been set aside specifically for Make-Up lessons. Alternatively you may contact your tutor to arrange a time.
- Make-Up Credits cannot be used / exchanged for student's normal lesson time.
- Make-Up Credits expire after 60 days.
- Make-Up Credits only apply to Instrument Lessons.
- Make-Up Lesson duration (e.g. 20min, Half-Hour) must match the student's usual lesson duration.
- Make-Up Credits are not "cash" or "currency".
7.) Duration - All lessons & Rock Band rehearsals are "Ongoing" until discontinued (see clause 10.)
- Instrument Lessons: Students are enrolled for weekly, 20 minute or half-hour at their scheduled times regardless of late attendance.
- Rock Band rehearsals: Students are enrolled for weekly, 1 hour group band rehearsals at their scheduled times regardless of late attendance. Rock Bands have 10mins before and after their scheduled rehearsal time to setup/pack down and tune.
- Public Holidays: There are no Instrument Lessons or Rock Band during Public Holidays, Term Holidays and Summer Holidays unless specified and/or arranged with your tutor.
8.) Rock Band - This programme is available both In-School and After School hours. Expectations and things to be aware of when enrolling for Rock Band:
- Regular attendance to rehearsals is required. Illness and absence due to emergencies are understandable.
- Enrolling into to Rock Band may require an audition or meeting with student to assess skill level.
- Successful enrolments and auditions to Rock Band do not automatically grant you or your child a placement in a band as this all depends on the number of students available to form a band and if they can all rehearse at the same time.
- Students are encouraged to bring their own musical equipment e.g. guitars, bass. Drums and amps are usually already provided at the rehearsal spaces.
- Students must already have an established and appropriate skill level before joining a band and also be receiving music tuition from Amplify School of Music or other approved source while in Rock Band Programme.
- Occasionally there may be gigs and performances. Band members will be asked to do their best to participate when they can. Dates and times for gigs will be provided as details come through.
- Band members may have to travel together, to and from gigs, to help with setup, sound check, pack down and to simulate a “real-world” working environment for musicians. In this case, transportation may be provided and / or organised by Amplify.
9.) Tuition Fees - Prices listed are for 2019 and Incl GST
Instrument Lessons: The following rates are per lessons, per student & based on the size of the group. Parents / Caregivers acknowledge that group lessons can change in size at any given time which affects the price of lessons when students leave or join the group. Amplify will notify parents of group size changes.
|No. of Students
|Group of 1
|Group of 2
|Group of 3
- After 3pm at YAT: $7 per week / per class / per rehearsal.
- In Schools or Agencies: A weekly fee may be charged to your school account and will be specified by the School or Agency.
10.) Discontinue Lessons - Amplify staff and Tutors reserve the right to discontinue a student’s lesson, including temporary removal for any reason such as inappropriate behaviour, non-payment of fees and / or sporadic attendance. Amplify staff and Tutors must give 3 days notice for discontinuing a student’s lessons. Students reserve the right to discontinue lessons and must provide their tutor 3 days notice via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
11.) Tutor Absence - If the tutor is unavailable to teach (e.g. sickness), the student will not be charged for that lesson. If students have paid in advance, payments will be credited to the next lesson.
12.) Automated SMS Reminders - Parents / Caregivers and Students can "enable or disable" the automated text messaging reminders via the My Music Staff portal. Standard text messaging rates may apply to those receiving the SMS reminders. This feature may be limited to some telecommunication providers in New Zealand.
13.) Safety - Parents / Caregivers acknowledge:
- And bear the responsibility and risk to their child participating in Amplify programmes.
- They have explained to their child the need to follow safety instructions, remain in areas designated by staff and tutors, and refrain from behaviour that is inappropriate or dangerous.
- Any willful damage to equipment or property that has been caused by their child will incur an additional charge.
- Staff and tutors will do their utmost best to ensure safety at all times, yet recognise that accidents and injuries can still happen.
- Give permission for the qualified first aid staff or tutor to give any necessary medical treatment in the event of an injury. Any further Medical attention will be at the parent / caregiver expense.
14.) Photos and Videos - If you do not want your child's photo and / or name displayed on any publicity, please put this in writing to the Youth Alive Trust Programmes Manager. Photos and / or Videos taken at Amplify Programmes and Lessons, at Schools, YAT and offsite (e.g. Concerts / Recitals) may be used for marking performance assessments, promotional and publicity purposes.
15.) Personal Property - Youth Alive Trust and Amplify take no responsibility for loss or damage to any child's personal possessions and equipment (MP3 players, cell phones, etc) and recommend that these items are left at home safe and sound.
16.) Transportation and Off-Site Excursions - Upon enrolment, parents / caregivers give permission:
- For their child to be taken on offsite excursions for programmes such as Rock Band or Audio Tech Classes (or where applicable). This may include travelling on foot, by Van, Car or Bus to get to the location.
- For their child to be transported in accordance to Youth Alive Trust ‘Policies and Procedures’.
17.) YAT Policies and Procedures - Parents / Caregivers may request to view the Youth Alive Trust Policies and Procedures at any time by contacting our offices 111 Seaview Road, New Brighton, Christchurch. 03 388 1001 email@example.com
18.) Privacy Act - Parents / Caregivers / Students acknowledge that all information supplied in this application form will be kept on file, in accordance with Privacy Act 1993. Information on your child may be requested to be looked at any time. This information may also be viewed by a CYFS assessor.
19.) Music Lesson Policy Updates - Amplify and Youth Alive Trust reserve the right to alter, amend and/or update the Music Lesson Policy and Parent Permission Form, including its service pricing and fees, within a manner that is considered fair and considerate of its clients. Amplify acknowledges to do its best to inform the client when appropriate of any changes that are considered significant that affects the service provided.